Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News - Hot Wheels Unleashed Is What You Imagined Hot Wheels Were As A Kid

Hot Wheels Unleashed Is What You Imagined Hot Wheels Were As A Kid

For many, Hot Wheels was a cornerstone of childhood entertainment. Racing a set of micro-cars on bright-orange tracks, painstakingly pieced together into what you thought would make for a cool layout at the moment, offered a lot of amusement. The upcoming Hot Wheels Unleashed from developer Milestone looks to rekindle that same sense of fun and excitement with a full-fledged racing game, and now it's more true to the Hot Wheels experience we imagined as kids.

I recently got to go hands-on with a pre-alpha build of Hot Wheels Unleashed, racing across a set of constructed tracks with vehicles that pay homage to old-school and modern cars from across the entire Hot Wheels toy franchise.

Playing Hot Wheels Unleashed felt like I was getting reacquainted with the same excitement I felt when playing Hot Wheels as a kid. Some of the available vehicles in the pre-alpha included throwbacks to the '70s Rodger Dodger muscle car and the Dragon Blaster from the recent Color Shifters line of collectibles. In the final game, there will be more than 60 vehicles to collect and take for a spin. I found it fun to take the '90s Twin Mill for a ride, which was a favorite of mine back in the day. There's an undeniable sense of nostalgia in Hot Wheels Unleashed, and the game certainly leans into that when it comes to reimagining the micro-racing vehicles as high-octane speed machines competing in races on the iconic bright-orange tracks.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

articles/hot-wheels-unleashed-is-what-you-imagined-hot-wheels-were-as-a-kid/1100-6489990/?ftag=CAD-01-10abi2f