Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC News: PC is "Far Superior" For Gaming, Says Nvidia

PC is "Far Superior" For Gaming, Says Nvidia

[Image: 69472d1381330268-nvidia-updates-web-driv...a-logo.jpg]

In an interview with MCV, Nvidia's Matt Wright has posited that there's a third option for a new gaming machine, and that it's the far superior choice: the PC.

In the midst of the PS4 and Xbox One frenzy this month, Nvidia has released some smaller, more living-room friendly PCs for the Christmas period. "We are proposing small form-factor PCs to be a viable alternative to the next-gen consoles," said Wright. "Enthusiast players want the ultimate games system and that is the PC."

[Image: Gaming-Computer-Setup.jpg]
"The PC platform is far superior to any console when it comes to gaming..."[/size]

The message from the firm is that the choice this year shouldn't just be between PS4 and Xbox One. "The PC platform is far superior to any console when it comes to gaming, plus you get all the extra functionality that a computer brings," he says. "Steam now has more users than Xbox Live... There’s a huge community who love playing their games on PC.”

There is potentially a whole new generation of PC players coming to market, says Wright - whilst most twenty-somethings today grew up with consoles, many kids now are playing games like Minecraft and World of Tanks on PC, proving that the barriers to entry aren't as high as people may fear. "We want to make PC gaming as simple as possible and we think that it already becoming much more relevant and appealing to casual gamers."

Of course, high-end PCs are also vastly more expensive than any console, too, which I'd imagine would be a key factor for anyone considering what gaming system to buy. I'd have a new gaming PC, a PS4 and an Xbox One if I could, but I'd be eating beans three times a day for the next four years to pay for it.