Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teamspeak Error: Failed loading default license file Ubuntu / FreeBSD / Linux (FIX)

This was the error that was occuring:

Quote:
Code:
"|CRITICAL|Accounting | |Failed loading default license file!" which in the log says

Please set the environment variable TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "accept" in order to accept the license agreement.
Alternatively, create a file named ".ts3server_license_accepted" in the working directory or start the server with the command line parameter "license_accepted=1".
To view the license agreement set TS3SERVER_LICENSE to "view" in order to print the license to the console.
Alternatively view the file "LICENSE" in your favorite text viewer yourself.

Which I already have the file in there and everything is set to accept. After this I tried starting it with ./ts3server_minimal_runscript.sh to see more details. Which I saw it tried to do this first "|WARNING |Accounting | |Unable to open licensekey.dat, falling back to limited functionality".

Quote:2018-05-21 09:34:35.517814|INFO    |Accounting    |   |Licensing Information
2018-05-21 09:34:35.517854|INFO    |Accounting    |   |licensed to       : Anonymous
2018-05-21 09:34:35.517884|INFO    |Accounting    |   |type              : No License
2018-05-21 09:34:35.517923|INFO    |Accounting    |   |starting date     : Wed May 31 22:00:00 2017
2018-05-21 09:34:35.517953|INFO    |Accounting    |   |ending date       : Fri Aug 31 22:00:00 2018

How to fix:

You must update your server to version 3.3.1 to get it running again.

I have fixed it myself by just upgrading my server files. I was running 3.1.1 and upgraded to 3.3.1. Just go to

Link:
Hidden Content

Reply to this thread to unlock the contents

* Download the latest version for your platform,

* Copy the entire content of the folder you downloaded in the already existing folder of your TS3 Server installation (just to be safe I also made a backup of the existing folder, and made sure the server was stopped and closed while moving files).

It should ask you to replace the files, just replace them all.

After the upgrade my server took a bit longer than normal to startup, but now it's working as it was before it went down.
It doesn't overwrite you current server by doing this upgrade!

BUT take a backup incase!

Why has this happened?

Teamspeak wants to make sure servers stay updated with their stuff by issuing a 1 year license on all their products that you have to renew or "upgrade" to stay using their software I believe. or pay to make sure it always stays up!

I hope this fixes your issue as well.
[Image: 8OHl5AB.png]