Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 Hidden Items / Cant See App | How to show on correct display/screen FIX

Hello guys, having multiple monitors can lead to a pain if applications and programs aren't wanting to work right.

Sometimes i have troubles with 1 of my displays being off and everything i open wants to show on that display making it look like the program is broken or just not responding when in reality, it's just on the other screen perfectly fine and running. Took me awhile to find a way to bring whatever i opened up, back to my main display I'm currently working on.

Well, really, i found a few ways that helps. Whichever works the best, i hope you use graciously, because this annoying matter shouldn't even happen on a smart computer! LOL

So here's the first method:

Try Windows+P a few times, this selects Single-Monitor or Duplicate Monitor mode.
Just select duplicate and it will bring all items to one sceen on your main display. Which is usually the easiest until i found this method that is a little quicker.

2nd Method: AND QUICKEST

Click the icon in the taskbar to ensure that the program has focus.

Then hold down the Windows key and press the right-arrow a few times.

When you have the app in focus that you want to move (if you just opened it and haven't clicked other places, it's in focus). Hold down the windows key and use the cursors to move the window around where you want it.

More descriptive explanation on how to use it:

If it's on the left monitor and you want it on the right, hold down windows key + press right arrow key and it'll shift across the screen. Depending on what state the window is in (fullscreen/windowed) may depend on how many key presses it takes to move it but you can play around with it to get a feel for what the key presses do.
  • Windows key + up arrow : maximizes the window or undoes minimizing.
  • Windows key + down arrow : minimizes the window and makes windows focus be on whatever application was opened right before, or undoes maximizing.
  • Windows key + left/right : will move the window from snapped left to unsnapped to snapped right to snapped left on the next screen, etc.
  • Windows key + shift + left/right : will move the window to another screen in the same relative position.
  • Windows key + shift + up: Will maximize the window vertically only.
  • Windows key + left/right followed by Windows key + up/down: Will snap/unsnap the window in a corner.

Alright guys hope this helps!

Please comment a thanks for appreciation.
[Image: 8OHl5AB.png]