Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fedora - Welcoming our new Fedora Community Action and Impact Coordinator

Welcoming our new Fedora Community Action and Impact Coordinator

<div><p>Good news, everybody! I’m pleased to announce that we have completed our <a href="https://fedoramagazine.org/fedora-job-opening-fedora-community-action-and-impact-coordinator-fcaic/">search for a new Fedora Community Action</a> and Impact Coordinator, and she’ll be joining the Open Source Program Office (OSPO) team to work with Fedora as of today. Please give a warm welcome to Marie Nordin.</p>
<p>If you’ve been involved in Fedora, you may have already been working with Marie. She’s a member of the Fedora Design and Badges teams. Her latest contribution to the Design Team is the wallpaper for F31, a collaboration with Máirín Duffy. Marie has made considerable contributions to the Badges project. She has designed over 150 badge designs, created documentation and a style guide, and mentored new design contributors for years. Most recently she has been spear-heading a bunch of work related to bringing badges up to date on both the development and UI/UX of the web app.</p>
<p>Marie is new to Red Hat, joining us after 5 years of involvement with the Fedora community. She was first introduced to Fedora through an Outreachy internship in 2013 working on Fedora Badges. Marie’s most current full time position was in the distribution industry as a purchasing agent, bid coordinator, and manager. She also has a strong background in design outside of her efforts for Fedora, working as a freelance graphic designer for the past 8 years.</p>
<p>I believe that Marie’s varied background in business and administration, her experience with design, and her long term involvement with and passion for Fedora makes her an excellent fit for this position. I’m excited to work with her as both a colleague on her team at Red Hat and as a Fedora contributor.</p>
<p>Feel free to reach out with congratulations, but give her a bit to get fully engaged with Fedora duties.</p>
<p>Congratulations, Marie!</p>
</div>

https://www.sickgaming.net/blog/2019/11/...ordinator/