Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News - The biggest new mobile games coming in 2022

The biggest new mobile games coming in 2022

So, you like mobile games, huh? Well, you’ve come to the right place, as we absolutely love them here on Pocket Tactics. So much so that we decided to create a list of all of the big new mobile games coming in 2022, so that you know what you’ve got to look forward to. We’ll even update this as the year goes on, adding new releases as we discover them, so you’ll never miss out on an exciting new game to play.

It looks set to be a great year too, with the big new mobile games in 2022 including Final Fantasy VII: Ever Criss, Diablo Immortal, and DC Heroes & Villains. That’s without even mentioning a new game in the Tomb Raider series also on the way.

However, if you’re the impatient type, we’ve got plenty of games to recommend you right now. We’ve rounded up the greatest the platforms have to offer with our best iOS games and best Android games lists, and you’ll find plenty to keep you busy in our best mobile RPGs and best mobile MMORPGs lists.

Here are the biggest new mobile games coming in 2022:

Harley Quinn, Batman, and Wonder Woman standing in Gotham

DC Heroes & Villains – early 2022

I tend to avoid match-three puzzlers like the plague, which makes it all the more surprising that one of my most anticipated mobile games for next year is part of this genre. DC Heroes & Villains promises to blend match-three puzzler mechanics with RPG components in a unique first for this grisly universe.

Of course, the fact this is a DC game has me excited, especially as I’m the third wheel in Joker and Harley’s relationship. This brings me nicely to the main reason for my excitement, you don’t have to be the hero. Instead, you can be a villain, and let’s be honest, they have way more fun.

There’s no set DC Heroes & Villains release date yet, but Ludia is giving the game an early 2022 launch window.

Fighting a boss in Diablo Immortal

Diablo Immortal – Q1/Q2 2022

Diablo Immortal is a mobile-exclusive MMORPG that allows you to battle alongside your friends in a variety of recognisable locations and dungeons. The story takes place between the events of Diablo II and III, and tasks you with trying to prevent Diablo’s resurrection.

You can play as a barbarian, crusader, demon hunter, monk, necromancer, or wizard as traverse through the world of Sanctuary and defeat increasingly difficult foes. To learn more, head on over to our Diablo Immortal release date guide.

Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis – TBC

Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis is a single-player RPG that encompasses the entire Final Fantasy VII timeline. Tetsuya Nomura revealed that Ever Crisis is a free-to-play title with gacha mechanics that unlock special weapons and costume sets.

Beyond that, the game boasts special dungeons to explore and battles to engage in that go beyond what was featured in the original Final Fantasy VII. If you can’t wait to learn more, make sure you check out our Final Fantasy 7: Ever Crisis release date guide.

Lara Croft shooting a gun

Tomb Raider Reloaded – TBC

I waited all year for this game to release, but that wait now goes into 2022. Tomb Raider Reloaded promises to be a must-play for any Lara Croft fan. The game is part of the arcade-action genre, and looks to take you on a nostalgic journey. Of course, the game has just what you’d expect from Tomb Raider, and that’s puzzles, artefacts, tombs, guns, and I have my fingers crossed we get to see that dinosaur.

There’s no set release date yet, but we know it’s slated for early 2022, with Square Enix Mobile London working on the title.

Three Disney characters in armour

Disney Mirrorverse – TBC

Multiverse? What’s that? We’re talking about the Mirrorverse! Uniting a cast of much-loved Disney and Pixar characters, Disney Mirrorverse promises to combine RPG elements with real-time combat in an exciting, action-oriented universe. The evolved designs of the guardians look awesome, from an armour-clad Sully to a staff-wielding Belle, and we can’t wait to dive into this fresh, altered world.

Disney Mirrorverse doesn’t have a release date yet, but has been through beta testing in the Philippines, so we’re hoping it won’t be long until we can delve into the magic.

A group of Torchlight characters with vibrant weapons

Torchlight: Infinite

I spent more hours than I’d care to admit on Torchlight II back in the day, so I’m super excited to see the upcoming Torchlight: Infinite offer a fresh twist on the series, while still remaining true to the originals. Set 200 years after the events of Torchlight II, you find yourself in the Era of Ember Tech, as you embark on an epic quest to stop the Ember Blight from corrupting the sacred land of Leptis. Full of adorable pets, fast-paced, action-RPG combat (with no cooldowns, what?), and flexible hero-building, this is shaping up to be a real treasure.

The game is currently undergoing a closed beta which you can sign up for on the official website. You can also keep an eye on any updates in the dev blog and discussion forums.

Plants and Zombies next to the game's logo

Plants vs Zombies 3 – TBC

Well, it’s been a few years since we’ve had a new entry in the mainline series, so I’m excited to see exactly what Popcap and EA are currently cooking up. Popcap describes it as, “PvZ 3 is all about taking you back to the Lawn, where it all began,” so players can expect to find a modern twist on the classic lawn-defending action.

Personally, I hope this entry steers away from the micro-transaction madness that ruined PvZ2 for me, as it often got in the way of everything I like about the original. Also, please Popcap, let me play it in landscape mode as well as portrait. It just makes sense.

A group of Star Wars characters wielding lightsabers and other weapons

Star Wars Hunters – TBC

A team-based multiplayer battle game set in the Star Wars universe? Sign me up! I’m a big fan of Overwatch and Apex Legends, so the idea of blending these great ideas with the many iconic aliens and characters from Star Wars is a genuinely exciting one.

If you’re telling me I can sneak up on enemies as a Wookie and bash them with a hammer, then I will play your game. While we won’t know a tremendous amount about the game yet, it’s likely to get a whole host of interesting aliens from the many corners of the Star Wars universe, so we’re excited to see just how well Star Wars Hunters plays next year.

And that’s it for our list of the biggest new mobile games you can expect in 2022. Check back here occasionally, as we’ll update this guide with more new games as they pop up.

https://www.sickgaming.net/blog/2021/12/...g-in-2022/